My fellow Americans,
我的美国同胞们
tonight I wanna speak to you about what the United States will do with our friends and allies
今晚我想跟你们谈一谈美国将会如何与他的朋友及盟友
to degrade and ultimately destroy the terrorist group known as ISIL.
一起去瓦解并彻底消灭伊斯兰恐怖组织
As Commander-in-Chief,
作为总司令
my highest priority is the security of the American people.
我的首要任务就是保卫美国人民的安全
Over the last several years,
在过去的几年内
we have consistently taken the fight to terrorists who threaten our country.
我们一直在与威胁国家安全的恐怖分子斗争
We took out Osama bin Laden and much of al Qaeda's leadership in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
我们拿下了本拉登和许多阿富汗和巴基斯坦基地组织的领导人
We've targeted al Qaeda's affiliate in Yemen,
我们也着眼于也门的基地组织
and recently eliminated the top commander of its affiliate in Somalia.
并且近期歼灭了索马里隶属组织的总指挥官
We've done so while bringing more than 140,000 of American troops home from Iraq,
对此我们做了很多 而与此同时我们也撤回超过140000名伊拉克士兵
and drawing down our forces in Afghanistan,
减少在阿富汗的兵力
where our combat mission will end later this year.
本年度末在那里的战斗任务将会结束
Thanks to our military and counterterrorism professionals,
感谢我们的军队和反恐专家
America is safer.
美国更安全了