I'd like to thank Fudan University's President Yang
我要感谢复旦大学的杨校长
for his hospitality and his gracious welcome.
感谢他的款待和热情欢迎
I'd also like to thank our outstanding Ambassador, John Huntsman,
我还想感谢我们出色的大使 洪博培先生
who exemplifies the deep ties and respect between our nations.
他是我们两国间深厚友谊的纽带
I don't know what he said,
虽然我不知道他刚才说了什么
but I hope it was good.
但是我希望他应该是在夸我
What I'd like to do is to make some opening remarks,
我今天准备先做一个开场白
and then what I'm really looking forward to doing is taking questions,
然后我真正期望做的是回答在座各位提的问题
not only from students who are in the audience,
不仅回答现场各位同学提的问题
but also we've received questions online,
同时还会回答一些收到的网友的提问
which will be asked by some of the students who are here in the audience,
这些网上收到的问题将由在座的一些同学
as well as by Ambassador Huntsman.
和洪博培大使代为提出
And I am very sorry that my Chinese is not as good as your English,
很抱歉我的中文远不如你们的英文好
but I am looking forward to this chance to have a dialogue.
但是我很期待此次能和你们对话的机会
This is my first time traveling to China,
这是我首次访问中国
and I'm excited to see this majestic country.
看到你们这么壮丽雄伟的国家 我很激动
Here, in Shanghai, we see the growth that has caught the attention of the world,
在上海这里 我们看到了引起世界瞩目的发展
the soaring skyscrapers,
高耸的塔楼建筑
the bustling streets and entrepreneurial activity.
繁忙的街道 以及各种创业的兴起
And just as I'm impressed by these signs of China's journey to the 21st century.
这些中国步入21新世纪的标志 令我不禁为之叹服
I'm eager to see those ancient places that speak to us from China's distant past.
我也渴望能够到中国的历史古城 去感受中国的古老文化
Tomorrow and the next day I hope to have a chance when I'm in Beijing
明后两天我到北京时希望有机会
to see the majesty of the Forbidden City and the wonder of the Great Wall.
去看看壮丽的故宫和雄伟的万里长城
Truly, this is a nation that encompasses both a rich history and a belief in the promise of the future.
的确 这是一个既有悠久的历史又有对未来憧憬的信念的国度