You are operating in so many different markets
你们的生意涉及很多不同文化氛围的销售市场,
in terms of cultural differences like think of France or China or Jordan or many other countries around the world.
比如法国、中国、约旦 和世界许多其他国家。
How do you deal with these cultural differences?
你们怎样处理这些文化差异呢?
Do you do a lot of marketing research before?
会在开店之前做很多市场调查吗?
Do you team up with a lot of local people?
会在当地招聘组织经营管理团队吗?
What is your strategy?
你们的战略是怎样的呢?
I’ve never been a big believer in market research personally.
从个人的角度来讲,我从来不相信市场调查
So we haven’t done a lot of that over the years.
所以这些年来,我们并没有作很多这一类的市场调查。
The benefit that we have had in countries like Turkey and around the world is that we have fantastic local partners.
不论是在土耳其还是在世界其他地方,我们的优势在于,我们有很出色的当地合作伙伴。
Who I guess I would say,I would loosely describe as we co-author the strategy with them and leave the execution to them.
我想我应该说,我们是松散的合作关系,是我们合作一起制订出了战略计划,并由他们来开展工作。
And, Turkey is operated by the Alshia Group, which is our partner throughout the Middle East.
土耳其的店 是由Alshia集团在经营,它是我们在整个中东地区的合作伙伴。
We have a great team led by a fantastic woman Icek whom I think you know.
我想你们应该认识伊塞克,这位女士是我们一位很出色的领导者。
And they have allowed us I think to bring the Starbucks experience into Turkey and slightly refine it for the local market.
我认为是他们允许我们把星巴克的经验带入土耳其,并根据当地的特色稍作完善,使之更适合当地的市场。
The interesting thing about what we’ve been able to do in almost every single country that we’ve entered.
几乎我们去的每个国 家都会有这样有趣的事情。
The local customer wants and demands the authentic Starbucks experience.
人们想要正宗的星巴克的体验。
And does not want it watered down for their local markets.
并不想让星巴克去到他们的国家之后入乡随俗。
So the stores you see in Turkey are very similar to the ones we have here right here in Seattle.
因此,土耳其的星巴克咖啡店和我们现在在西雅图看到的其实是差不多的。
That’s true actually and they are all over the town in Seattle.
确实是这样的,而且星巴克咖啡遍布西雅图。
Every other corner. You can’t ask “Where’s Starbucks?” because there’s another one.
每个角落都有。你无法问 “星巴克在哪儿?”因为有很多个星巴克。
That’s right. I’ve wanted to ask you, your company has been a high growth company for so many years now
是的。我想问您,这些年来您的公司一 直保持高速的发展,
and your going into different markets, differentiating your product mixture,
您也正在进入不同的市场,将产品进行差异化组合,
even going into music, and we’ll get to that shortly.
甚至涉及了音乐领域,我们一会儿会谈一下这个。
How is it, does it, how does a company that is so successful so consistently how does it outdo itself?
一个如此成功如此持久的公司如何自我超越呢?
Is it kind of more difficult when you are so successful so consistently because expectations?
当预期的前景很成功的时候,自我超越是不是更难实现呢?