But there’s been no instance where you saw something really cool and wished you’d thought of it first?
那(这些网站)是否有一些你觉得很不错而且希望是你最先创建的业务?
I’ve seen some really interesting mash ups of other peoples’ data that are really fun to play around with,
我确实看到过一些非常有趣的可以聚合他人数据的程序,把玩这些程序应该会非常有意思。
and I’ve thought it would be really cool to see what Digg data looks like with that, but I can’t think of any one feature.
我甚至想过如果把掘客网数据放入到那样的程序中一定会很酷。但对于另外一些产品的特色,我并没有产生这种想法。
I think some of the stuff that StumbleUpon is doing with their toolbar and providing recommendations in the toolbar is really interesting to us,
我个人觉得,社会浏览网络StumbleUpon的工具栏做得很好,它能够给用户提供很多建议,我们觉得很有意思,
but not right now. We have a very basic toolbar right now today.
但我们并没有决定现在就去做,因为我们目前有一个非常基本的工具栏。
How has the current financial situation changed things at Digg?
现今的金融环境为迪格带来什么改变?
That stuff really started to unfold right after you raised your Series C round.
因为在掘客网进行第三轮融资后不久,美国金融危机就开始爆发。
Nothing’s changed. One of the nice things about Digg is we’ve always run fairly lean.
什么都没有改变。掘客网拥有很多令人羡慕的优势, 其中包括我们历来采取的“精打细算”战略。
We have a small team and we’re a very text-heavy site, so as far as bandwidth is concerned it’s not like we*re YouTube spending a million dollars a week on bandwidth.
掘客网团队规模很小,网站内容主要也是文本文件为主。在带宽事宜上,我们并不需要像优图网那样每周都要投入数百万美元资金。
For us it's just always being conscious of who we’re hiring and why we’re hiring them, and do we need that person or not.
对我们而言,我们总在考虑我们要雇用谁,为什么会雇用他们,我们需不需要那个人。
We won’t be a 400-person company in a year or two years.
在今后一两年时间里,我们并不会成为一家拥有400名员工的公司。
It's just picking the spots where we need some help and growing slowly,
我们只是在挑选我们在哪些方面需要一些支持,需要慢慢发展,
and staging that growth so it mirrors our own Web traffic growth.
增长会在一定程度上反映我们的网站流量
it’s always been out of necessity.
网络流量并不总是业务发展的必要条件。
Are you anticipating a traffic drop after the election?
大选之后,你预料掘客网流量是否会出现下降?
We don’t anticipate that, no.
我们不期望那样。
That’s a good question though...we’ve always seen traffic grow month over month.
但这个问题问得很好,掘客网流量一直都是在逐月递增。
We're fortunate enough to be in that position, and we’ve seen the different bumps as little things that come along.
很幸运我们能保持增长,即使没有出现什么大新闻,我们仍能保持不同程度的增长。