By covering those two aspects, I think he really does address...the whole spectrum of what we are as New Yorkers, and I believe he's the only one who does it.
结合这两个方面来看,我觉得他确实最有发言权在我们所认识的"纽约客"中我相信他确实是最有发言权的一个。
See, I don't decide anything. I let the street speak to me.
我从不刻意去选择什么是这些街拍自己找上门来的。
In order for the street to speak to you, you've got to stay out there and see what it is.
为了和这些衣服不期而遇你必须要待在外面,等着看他们是什么样子。
You just don't manufacture in your head...that skirts at the knee are the thing.
你不能仅仅在脑海中想象那条长度到膝盖的短裙很好看。
Then you go out and photograph people with skirts at the knee.
然后你就该走到街上去拍那些穿着到膝短裙的人们。
You've got to stay on the street and let the street tell you what it is.
你必须待在街上,知道遇见那些感觉对了的衣服。
There's no shortcuts. Believe me.
相信我,这件事没有其他的捷径。
Oh, my goodness. I don't know where to stop or start. This is terrible.
哦,天呐…我不知道该选哪张。这真糟糕。
What's your deadline?
你什么时候截稿?
You could...You could really be a great help to me.
你可以…帮我个大忙。
What?
干嘛?
Take these out like this, John.
把这些拿出来,John.
Okay. Make it easy.
好的,就这样。
And keep them like this, and it would help me.
帮他们都这样放,这真是帮了我个大忙。
Put them in here. -Okay.
把它们放在这儿。-好的。
I hate to ask you. I don't mean to use you...or misuse you, but it would be helpful.
我并不想叫你帮忙…不想指使你或是"虐待"你,不过这真是帮了我个忙。
Today is Thursday.
今天是星期四。
When do you usually know when your page...-Right now. -Right now. I see.
你通常什么时候交稿。-我正在弄。-正在弄?明白了。
Yeah, it should be done. -I see.
是的,这就要完成了。-嗯。
We haven't even got 'em scanned.
我们还没扫描。
Do you know what your page is yet? Your "On the Street" page?Do you know what it's going to be?
你知道你的照片将被放在哪页么?你这期的"街拍"页会是什么样的?
It's going to be, uh, all on legs and shoes.
这期大概是关于…腿和鞋子。
Oh. -those are nice. -Yeah.Now that's a good one.I guess we'd better do it.
哦。-那些不错。-是啊。现在这个不错。我觉得我们最好选上这张。
You're gonna call that store you want me to run down to...to go get your film? -Yeah.
你要打电话给你刚刚让我去的那家店…去取你的照片?-是的。
Oh, hello there.
嘿,你好。
Uh, this is the guy that comes on a bicycle.
啊…我是刚刚那个骑自行车过来的人。
You're developing some film for me.
我有些照片放在你们那里洗。
Yeah. Uh, listen, I'm in...kind of running, and a friend of mine was gonna come and pick it up.
嗯…是这样,我有些着急我有位朋友要过去帮我把照片取回来。
John. He's a tall fella, and he has long hair.
John,他是个高个子,留着长头发。
You know. Okay.
你记住了,好的。
All right.
好,就这样。
I'll go get it.
我去把照片取回来。
There's a couple of pictures on there of shoes from this morning.
那有两张今早拍的鞋子的照片。
All right. So, we need that for today.
好的,所以我们今天需要这些照片。
And I'll quickly get on this. -Okay. I'll be right back with it.
我很快就要用到这组照片。-好的,我会尽快把它们取回来。
Wait a minute. Come on. Let's get snapping and cracking.
等一下…来快速浏览下这些照片。
See, static, static. Getting a little better.
静止的,静止的…哦,这张好一点。
Then when the wind blows a bit...Oh, isn't that fun.
这时起风了哦,这真有趣。
Oh, you see, the minute you get in the rain...When it rains, it's a whole different scene.
哦,看,这是下雨的那瞬间下雨的时候,那真是个完全不同的场景。