Will you wilt under criticism, or will you follow your convictions?
你们会屈从于批评,还是会坚守信念?
Will you bluff it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize?
你们会掩饰错误,还是会坦诚道歉?
Will you guard your heart against rejection, or will you act when you fall in love?
你们会因害怕拒绝而掩饰内心,还是会在面对爱情时勇往直前?
Will you play it safe, or will you be a little bit swashbuckling?
你们想要波澜不惊,还是想要搏击风浪?
When it's tough, will you give up, or will you be relentless?
你们会在严峻的现实之下选择放弃,还是会义无反顾地前行?
Will you be a cynic, or will you be a builder?
你们要做愤世嫉俗者,还是踏实的建设者?
Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind?
你们要不计一切代价地展示聪明,还是选择善良?
I will hazard a prediction.
我要做一个预测。
When you are 80 years old, and in a quiet moment of reflection narrating for only yourself the most personal version of your life story,
在你们80岁时某个追忆往昔的时刻,只有你一个人静静对内心诉说着你的人生故事,
the telling that will be most compact and meaningful will be the series of choices you have made.
其中最为充实、最有意义的那段讲述,会被你们作出的一系列决定所填满。
In the end, we are our choices.
最后,是选择塑造了我们的人生。
Build yourself a great story.
为你自己塑造一个伟大的人生故事。
Thank you and good luck!
谢谢聆听,好运!