2 Anna
2 安娜
That night Alan was moved to another hospital, where they would fit him with an artificial leg,
那晚,阿兰被转到另一座医院,他们要在那儿给他装一只假腿。
Jane went with him and slept in a visitor's room there.
简也跟着一起去了,在那儿的一间探视室里睡了一觉。
In the morning she bought a newspaper.
早晨,她买了一张报纸。
She was right about the police: "They've got them, Dad!" she said." Read this!"
她对警察的猜测是对的。"他们已经抓住了那些人,爸爸!"她说道,"看这个!"
Police yesterday arrested two Irishmen who they think put a bomb in me Queen's coach last week.
警方昨天抓获了两名被认为上周在女王马车中放炸弹的爱尔兰人。
The police said," Last week the coach went to a factory in south Loadon to have new wheels fitted,
警方说:"上周那辆马车曾到伦敦南部的一家工厂安装新轮子,
and we believe the bomb was placed in the coach there.
我们相信就是在那里安放炸弹的。
The two Irishmen worked at this factory, and two days before the bombing, they went on holiday to Ireland.
那两名爱尔兰人在这家工厂工作,炸弹爆炸两天前他们却到爱尔兰度假去了。
We think the bomb had a clock in it, which was meant to explode at eleven o'clock outside Parliament.
我们认为炸弹上安装了定时器,定在11点在国会大厦外爆炸。
Luckily for the Queen, the bomb exploded after she had left the coach.
对女王来讲幸运的是,炸弹在女王离开了马车之后才爆炸。
Alan Cole put the newspaper down slowly. He looked pleased." Thank God for that," he said.
阿兰·科尔慢慢放下报纸。他看上去很高兴。"感谢上帝,"他说。
But why did they want the bomb to explode outside Parliament?
但是他们为什么要让炸弹在国会外边爆炸呢?
Jane asked." The Queen was in the coach for twenty minutes一why not blow the coach up earlier?"
简问,"女王在马车里呆了20分钟-为什么不早点炸飞马车呢?"
"I don't know. Perhaps they wanted good pictures on TV,"
"不知道,也许他们想让画面在电视上更好看些。"
Alan said." It was lucky for the Queen. But not lucky for me, or for the poor people who were killed."
阿兰说,"对女王来说很幸运,可我却不走运,还有那些被炸死的人。"
"No.",Jane put her hand on her father's, and remembered those minutes outside Parliament.
"是啊。"简把手放在父亲的手上,回想起国会门外的那几分钟。
The American man using his video camera, and the woman with red-brown hair shaking her camera angrily.
那个美国男人用摄像机拍摄,那个长着棕红色头发的女人生气地摇着照相机。
Then…she shut her eyes, and saw the smoke, and the horse screaming, and the blood and bodies everywhere ...
然后……她合上了双眼,仿佛看到了那浓烟,那马的嘶鸣状以及四处的鲜血和尸体……
What kind of people could do that?
会是什么样的人干的呢?
"I suppose the terrorists watched it on TV." she said." They were in Ireland when the boom exploded."
"我想恐怖分子已经在电视上看到了那场面。"她说,"炸弹爆炸时他们正在爱尔兰。"
"I expect they did," Alan said." I expect they were laughing as people died.
"我想他们看了,"阿兰说,"我想人们死的时候他们正在笑。
But I'm pleased the police have caught them. Now perhaps they'll leave me alone.
但我很高兴警察已经抓到了他们。也许他们现在可以让我清静一下了。
"Who? The police? Dad, what do you mean?"
"谁?警察吗?爸爸,您是什么意思?"