Being your slave, what should I do,
既然是你奴隶,我有什么可做,
But tend upon the hours and times of your desire?
除了时时刻刻伺候你的心愿?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
我毫无宝贵的时间可消磨,
Nor services to do, till you require.
也无事可做,直到你有所驱遣。
Nor dare I chide the world-without-end hour,
我不敢骂那绵绵无尽的时刻,
Whilst I, my sovereign, watch the clock for you,
当我为你,主人,把时辰来看守;
Nor think the bitterness of absence sour,
也不敢埋怨别离是多么残酷,
When you have bid your servant once adieu;
在你已经把你的仆人辞退后;
Nor dare I question with my jealous thought,
也不敢用妒忌的念头去探索
Where you may be, or your affairs suppose,
你究竟在哪里,或者为什么忙碌,
But, like a sad slave, stay and think of nought,
只是,像个可怜的奴隶,呆想着,
Save, where you are how happy you make those.
你所在的地方,人们会多幸福。
So true a fool is love that in your will,
爱这呆子是那么无救药的呆,
Though you do any thing, he thinks no ill.
凭你为所欲为,他都不觉得坏。