I'm deep in the backwoods in Alabama,with a snare set.
我在阿拉巴马丛林深处 设了一个陷阱
I'm looking for a place to make a camp.
我在找地方安营扎寨
The probem of making a camp in a wood like this is so many the branches dead and rotten.
在这样的丛林里扎帐篷有一个问题 就是有太多的 枯死和腐烂的树枝
It just means I need to be a little bit more imaginative about how we make shelter.
也就是说 我需要对栖身之地 多费点心
This gonna work.There are loads of these vines here.
这个可以用 这有好多这种藤蔓
Look fine and .This looks a little bit like the dome of an expedition tent.
看起来还不错 这个有点像 露营帐篷的圆顶
And probably, with a bit of tweaking,you could mould these into the frame of a tent.
把这些藤蔓拧一拧 就可以建成一个帐篷的骨架
I don't know.Yeah, that could work.
我也不确定 好极了 它能用
These vines are living and supple,perfect building materials.
这些藤蔓还活着 十分柔软 是建造帐篷的好材料
Vines like this naturally so strong.
这种藤蔓 本身就很坚韧
It's just like using and shaping their strength to work for me.
你只需利用它的优势 调整好形状即可
All right. It's kind of getting there now.
好的 快成型了
By weaving them together,I can construct a dome that will be self-supporting and offer protection against local wildlife like feral pigs.
我把这些藤蔓缠在一起 编织成一个圆顶 它可以支撑起一个空间 并保护我不受野猪之类的动物的袭击
Well, it's a good size,which means I can just about curl up in a ball,which is the best way to keep warm.
这个大小正合适 我必须蜷缩起来躲进这个半球体 这是保暖的最佳方式
You don't want a shelter too big to lose heat.This will be about right.
遮蔽物太大的话容易使热量流失 这样的正好