So Cathy took two groups of mice.
凯西把老鼠分成了两组。年幼就使用过大麻的相当于人类的10到15岁。
The first group were exposed to THC when they were juveniles, equivalent to age 10 to 15 in humans.
第一组老鼠,在它们年幼时就接触大麻,其年龄相当于人类的十到十五岁之间。
So we gave them something equivalent to probably two or three joints a day.
我们每天喂的量,相当于两到三只大麻烟卷。
And we treated them for two weeks, when they were young.
我们喂了两个星期,当时的老鼠们正处在幼年阶段。
Then we stopped their drug treatment, we waited for them to grow up, until they were adults, about two months later.
然后我们停止喂大麻,等待它们长大成为成年鼠,这大概有两个月的时间。
So now we're ready to test them. They're drug free, they don't have any THC on board now.
现在可以进行实验了。现在它们不再接触毒品,没有使用任何THC了。
The first mouse goes in.
第一支老鼠进去。
Okay. But what does a swimming mouse tell you about psychosis?
但一只游泳的老鼠怎么告诉你它有精神病?
We don't know if any normal mice would ever suffer from symptoms like schizophrenia.
我们不知道正常老鼠,会不会有类似精神分裂症的症状。
But we do know there are some very important core features of schizophrenia we can study in animals.
但我们知道,精神分裂症有几种重要特征是动物能表现出来的,我们可以对其研究。
One of those features is a memory impairment.
其中一种就是记忆缺伤。
We can look at that directly in mice, using this sort of task here to see if we can pick up differences in memory after giving the mice the cannabis.
通过这种测试,我们能很直观的发现,使用过大麻的老鼠在记忆方面会有何变化。
You have to say, Cathy. He doesn't look as if he's remembered the location of the platform.
你是说,它看起来不记得平台的位置了。
No. So you can see he's swimming around, but really not finding the location of the platform.
对。所以你能看到它在乱游,但找不到平台的位置。
I mean, if he does find it, you'd have to conclude that it was by chance, I think.
如果它找到了,你会把它归结于偶然。
That's right. So, he has already been swimming for a while.
是的。它已经游了一会了。
So now I'll show him, guide him to the platform location.
现在我把它引到平台的位置。
And there he is.
它到了。