Each year across the planet,an area of forest about the size of South Carolina is destroyed.
每年在世界上 大概有南卡罗来纳州那么大片的森林被破坏
So not only are we increasing the levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere,
所以我们不但在 增长大气层中的温室气体
we're also reducing the ability of the planet to deal with the problem.
我们还在降低地球 处理这个问题的能力
You only have to go back to Mexico,
你只需要回头看看墨西哥
the place where the meteorite that wiped out the dinosaurs landed,
在那里陨石消灭了恐龙
to see our influence on the planet from a very different perspective.
换个角度看我们对地球的影响
Just inland from the ocean, here in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula,
在离海洋不远的内陆在墨西哥的尤卡坦半岛
the jungle stretches unbroken for hundreds of miles.
这片丛林连绵几百英里
But every now and then,you stumble upon a strange mound of stones like this.
但是偶尔你会被n这样一堆石头绊倒
Some of them are enormous, the pyramids of a lost civilisation.
有些很大,一个遗失文明的金字塔