Did you not, at that time, consider me a foolish man of business?
那时候,你不是认为我是个做生意的傻瓜吗?
I had great forebodings, sire.
我那时侯觉得......
Hafid nodded, and spread his arms toward the loading platforms.
海菲点点头,指了指卸货台,
Will you now admit that your concern was without ground?
你现在不承认当时多虑了?
Yes, sire.
是的,老爷。
Then, let me encourage you to maintain faith in this decision, until I explain my plans.
那么,我劝你对我刚才要你做的事要有信心,我会把我的用意解释给你听的。
I am now an old man,
我已经老了,
and my needs are simple.
需要的东西很简单,
Since my beloved Lisha has been taken from me,
自从丽莎走了以后,
after so many years of happiness,
我就决定
it is my desire to distribute all of my wealth among the poor of this city.
把所有财富分送给城里的穷人,
I shall keep only enough to complete my life without discomfort.
自己留这点够用就行了。
Besides disposing of our inventory,
除了清理财产之外,
I wish you to prepare the necessary documents,
我希望你准备一些文件,
which will transfer the ownership, of every emporium
把分行的所有权证明文件,
to he who now manages each for me.
转移给所有分行的帐房,
I also wish you to distribute five thousand gold talents to these managers, as a reward
另外再拿出五前进比分给每个帐房,
for their years of loyalty,
这么多年来他们一直忠心耿耿,任劳任怨。
and so that they may restock their shelves in any manner that they desire.
以后,他们喜欢卖什么就卖什么。
Erasmus began to speak,
伊拉马张了张嘴,
but Hafid's raised hand silenced him.
海菲挥手阻止了他。
Does this assignment seem unpleasant to you?
你不太喜欢这么做,是吗?
The bookkeeper shook his head, and attempted to smile.
老总管摇了摇头,勉强露出笑容,
No, sire, it is only that I cannot understand your reasoning.
不是的,老爷,我只是不明白您为什么要这么做,
Your words, are those of a man whose days are numbered.
您好像在交待后......”
It is your character, Erasmus,
“你就是这样,老伊,
that your concern should be for me instead of yourself.
老是想着我,从来不替自己想想,
Have you no thoughts for your own future, when our trade empire is disbanded?
我们的生意不做了,你就不为自己打算打算?