That the cannabis plant should have evolved to produce a chemical that fits the highly complex receptors in our brain to cause these effects.
在大麻的进化过程中产生了一种化学物质,它与我们大脑中某些高度复杂的受体非常契合,并产生了上述的效果。
Feels like a wild coincidence, but it's not as strange as you might think.
这听起来是一种神奇的巧合,但事实并不如你想象的那么神奇。
There are hundreds of, thousands of plant species, and they create thousands of chemicals.
世界上有千百种的植物,它们产生了几千种的化学物质。
And it would just be remarkable if there wasn't one that didn't interact with the human brain.
要是没有一种会对大脑产生影响那才神奇。
And they do, there's the opium poppy and the tobacco plant, and both of those act on the brain.
事实上,罂粟和烟草都对大脑产生影响。
These plants can affect our body chemistry, because they're made of the same building blocks as we are.
这些植物能影响人体的化学物质,因为它们与我们有共同的构成元素。
Cannabis is no exception.
大麻也不例外。
Whether you like it or not, each and every one of us is fundamentally wired to respond to cannabis.
不管你喜不喜欢大麻,从根本上而言,每一个人都会对它有迷醉的反应。
So has it simply been the victim of prejudice?
难道它只是偏见的受害者?
How real is the dark side of cannabis?
大麻真的有邪恶的一面吗?
It's like I married cannabis.
就像是我娶了大麻一样。
I never had a relationship of me own except with cannabis.
我只爱恋大麻。
That was my relationship with cannabis.
这是属于我和大麻的关系。
I mean, I did have chances in the past but I blew it, because I married that thing.
我曾经有机会结婚,但后来因为它吹了。
I feel powerless over this drug, I despise it.
我感到无力戒掉它,我鄙视这种感觉。
I gave up on life ten years ago.
10年前我放弃了生活。
I thought that's me doomed now, because I can't stop this insidious addiction.
我想注定这样了,因为我不能摆脱这种隐隐的诱惑。
John, not his real name.
约翰,这不是他的真名。
Began his relationship with cannabis in his early 20s.
从他20岁开始就接触大麻。
It was 1991, and I got in with the wrong crowd, going to rave clubs and things.
那是1991年,我结交了一群不良少年,一起去酒吧狂欢什么的。
Some of the lads would be smoking spliffs.
其中几个人要吸大麻烟。
And I wanted to fit in. Well, I fit in the crowds just thought everybody else was doing it,
而我不想落伍,我就想大家都这么做,
even me mates round where I grew up, they were all doing it...
就连我那些发小都在吸...
And I thought, well, you know, just to join the club like, and...
所以我想,跟他们一块吸吧...
But I got stuck with it, it started to rule my life and it was on my mind constantly.
但我陷进去了,它开始控制我的生活,我老是想着大麻。
And I knew there was going to be a problem there.
我知道这会出问题了。
Now, every day of John's life is structured around cannabis.
现在,约翰每天的生活都围着大麻转。
This morning I've been up since four o'clock and I've smoked about six, seven, eight spliffs, I don't know.
我今天早上4点就起来了,完后吸了六七还是八只大麻烟,我记不得了。
My usual day is sad, but true...
我每天的日子都很...悲哀,却又很真实...
I'll get up in the morning whatever time it may be.
我早上起床,无所谓几点了。
I'll brew up, have a cup of tea, have a cup of coffee, spliff in between...
我煮点茶,然后喝茶,喝咖啡,在这之间就吸大麻烟卷。
Then I might go out for a walk round the park, sometimes or feed the birds, and then I'll have some more spliffs, cup of tea.
之后我会到公园走走,有时喂喂鸟,然后再吸几只,喝几杯茶。
Then come the evening time, seven o'clock, I might have a couple of glasses of wine, spliff, spliff.
完后就是晚上了,七点我会喝几杯葡萄酒,然后就是大麻 、大麻。
And then I'll roll a spliff which I'll smoke when I'm in bed.
睡觉的时候,我还会卷一根到床上吸。
And that's Groundhog Day.
这就是我典型的一天。
And that happens most days in the week.
一周大部分时间都是这样子。
And today is no exception.
今天也不例外。
Right now, I...I have to be perfectly honest, I want youse to go for a bit while I skin up and make a spliff.
现在,我...不得不坦白地说,我希望你们能回避一下,我想卷根大麻烟来一口。
And then, perhaps come back in half an hour.
然后,可能一个半小时后再回来吧。