And you know why?.
知道为什么吗。
No one knows why.
没人知道为什么。
If a umass Lowell engineer.
如果马萨诸塞大学洛厄尔分校的。
Or scientist can figure it out.
某位工程师或科学家能够弄清。
He or she may be able to control energy in a way that.
他/她将能够以科幻小说家。
Science fiction writers have only dreamed about.
梦寐以求的方式控制能量。
Maybe you all will find the darkons.
也许你们将能够找到暗子。
You know, the darkons, the particles of dark.
暗子 也就是黑暗的粒子。
We got dark matter. We got dark energy. You know.
我们有暗物质 暗能量。
In physics, we love our particles.
物理学中 我们喜欢考虑粒子。
We love our neutrons or photons or tau mesons.
我们喜欢中子 光子 介子。
Why not darkons?.
为什么不能有暗子呢。
To exchange dark energy.
交换暗能量。
I mean to say nothing of the elusive Higgs who doesn't love that.
我这里还没有讲晦涩难懂的希格斯粒子。
Darkons are just a little physics idea that I'm working on. I'll keep it personal.
暗子只是我正在考虑的一种物理理念 是我个人的喜好。
Along with the evidence of common sense.
就常识方面的证据而言。
You know, my parents often remarked.
我父母经常说。
Common sense is not that common, don't count on it.
常识并不那么显而易见 别指望常识。
But researchers have proven scientifically that humans are all one people.
研究者已经科学地证明了 人类只有一种。
We're one species. We're a lot like dogs in that regard.
我们都是一个物种 这方面我们和狗很像。
If a great dane interacts.
如果一条大丹狗交配…。
Can we say interact? Yeah.
说交配没问题吧 好。
If a great dane interacts with a chihuahua.
如果一条大丹狗同一条吉娃娃交配。
You get a dog.
生出来的还是狗。
That's all you get.
仍然是条狗。
I mean, some of my best friends are dogs but.
狗是我们最好的朋友。
All you're going to get is a dog.
这里肯定会生出狗。
They're all one species.
它们都是一个物种。
The same with us, everybody.
我们人类也一样。
The color of our ancestor's skin and ultimately my skin and your skin.
我们祖先的肤色 传下来得到现在你我的肤色。