lf that can happen, anything can happen. This man could end up going to jail.
这都能发生就没什么是不可能的 这人可能会去坐牢
Because this guy, Tom Sneddon, he is definitely after Michael Jackson.
因为这个汤姆·史奈顿 根本是冲着迈克尔·杰克逊来的
And he's got power. He's got the law behind him.
他又有权 背后有法律的支撑
lt was a real wake-up call.
令人突然惊觉
l remember Michael calling me at 2:00 A.M. ln the morning
我记得迈克尔凌晨两点打给我
and we spoke till 5:00 A.M.
我们聊到五点
And he told me he would never, ever settle that case.
他说他绝对不庭外和解
He would never give the guy a dime. l said, 'You're right.
他一毛钱都不给他 我说 没错
'lf you pay him off, people are gonna think you are guilty. '
你要是付了钱 全世界都会定你的罪
He said he would never do that.
他说他绝不妥协
Michael was getting some really horrible advice at the time from lawyers,
迈克尔的律师当时给了他许多很糟的建议
saying, 'let's just get rid of it, you know.
跟他说 花钱消灾就好了
'settle it out and people will forget it and it'll go away. '
庭外和解过一阵子 大家就会遗忘了
The time has come for MichaeI Jackson to move on to new business,
迈克尔·杰克逊将要做些新的尝试
to get on with his life,
继续生活
to start the healing process
开始疗伤
and to move his career forward to even greater heights.
再创造事业的下一个高峰
When they settled the case by paying off,
他们后来决定花钱消灾
right away the next day, l called Michael, 'Why did you do that? '
我隔天就打给迈克尔问他 为什么这么做?
And Michael said, 'Mother, l didn't do that. I wanted to fight it till the end.
迈克尔说 妈 不是我 我想要力争到最后的
'But they told me, the lawyers and things told me,
但律师们跟我说
"Just go on and pay it off and settle it.''
就花钱把这事解决掉