手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 牛津大学《美丽公主》 > 正文

美丽公主(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:探索"美丽公主"

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
So Professor Kemp,
Kemp教授
over the years that I've known you
我认识你这么多年来
you've told me some very interesting stories
你跟我说过一些很有趣的故事
about the people that you call "Leonardo Loonies"
说那些你称之为"达芬奇疯子"的人
who approach you with different sorts of theories
他们找上你,跟你说各种各样的
about Leonardo works that they've found.
他们发现的关于达芬奇的理论
Was there anything different
这幅"美丽的公主"
that struck you about La Bella Principessa
有什么特别之处打动了你的
when you first came across the picture?
当你第一次看到这幅画时?

探索"美丽公主"

I received an email,

我收到一封电邮
I don't know precisely what it says,
我不记得它具体说什么了
but it said I have what I think is a new portrait by Leonardo.
大意是说,我有一幅画,我觉得是达芬奇的
And you think "Oh no not another one!"
你会想"天啊,又来一个了"
You get them on a weekly basis.
基本上每星期都会有这样的邮件
But there was a reasonable resolution digital file
但邮件里有一个分辨率比较高的数码图像
which I opened up and I thought "Hmmm well this...."
我打开来看时,我想"不错..."
You don't want to believe it in a way
你不能马上就相信它是真的
because you can get carried away
因为这样会误导你
but I thought this at least would be worth following up.
但我觉得至少值得继续研究一下
So when I had a chance to go and see it in Switzerland,
所以当我有机会去瑞士看它时
which is where it was in one of these notorious stores.
它就在瑞士某一间很出名的店里
I thought at least I would go and look at it which I duly did.
我觉得至少应该去看看,这是我职责所在
Interviewer: Yes with all the different visual technologies
现在我们利用各种各样的成像技术
that we now have to view artwork,
让我们看到艺术品
it's always really something to finally see the piece
但真正亲眼看到自己研究的那个作品
that you've been working on in person.
那种感觉是很特别的
How was it seeing it for the first time?
你第一次看到它时有什么感觉?
Professor Kemp. It was extraordinary.
非常特别
We went into this large room and images were brought in
我们走进一个大房间,有几个彪形大汉
by these sort of heavies that were responsible for guarding it
把画拿出来,他们负责看守这幅画
when it's taken out of the vault it's in.
在它被拿出保险库的期间
And it's a radiant work,
那幅画非常漂亮
digital images and reproduction give some clue
数码图像和临摹图像让我们知道了这幅画是怎么样的
but I've seen Mona Lisa out of the frame
但我见过从画框上拿出来的蒙娜丽莎
so I know what Leonardo when you have a close encounter.
所以当我有机会近距离看到时,我知道达芬奇的画是怎样的
And yeah that initial reaction you think
我的第一反应是
"Ahhhh this is just extraordinary."
"这太惊人了"
You keep trying to be sceptical though
但我要尽量保持怀疑态度
because you get carried away and
因为如果你的想法先入为主
you begin to see all the evidence through rose tinted spectacles.
那么你就会开始带着有色眼镜去看所有证据
But for me you have to have that at the start.
但对我来说,一开始必须有这种感觉
You've got all the science,all the research,all the history,
你可以用科学,调查,历史研究来证明它
but you also had to have that feeling at the end as well.
但归根到底,你必须还有那种感觉
And it started for me at that point,
对我来说,一切从那里开始
and that essential excitement is still there.
那种异常激动的心情现在还没退却

重点单词   查看全部解释    
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
reaction [ri'ækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反应,反作用力,化学反应

联想记忆
encounter [in'kauntə]

想一想再看

n. 意外的相见,遭遇
v. 遇到,偶然碰到,

 
frame [freim]

想一想再看

n. 框,结构,骨架
v. 构成,把 ...

 
essential [i'senʃəl]

想一想再看

n. 要素,要点
adj. 必要的,重要的,本

联想记忆
resolution [.rezə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 决心,决定,坚决,决议,解决,分辨率

联想记忆
extraordinary [iks'trɔ:dnri]

想一想再看

adj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的

联想记忆
reasonable ['ri:znəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的

 
portrait ['pɔ:trit]

想一想再看

n. 肖像,画像
adj. (文件页面)

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。