l grew up in East Chicago, lndiana.
我在印第安纳州的东芝加哥长大
My mother and father divorced
我很小时父母就离异
when l was at a young age, about six years old.
差不多六岁时吧
My mother was Baptist.
我母亲是浸信会教友
And my sister and l sang in the Baptist choir.
而我与姊妹曾在浸信会的合唱团唱歌
lt made us have a love for music.
培养了我们对音乐的热爱
My father used to listen to the country music all the time,
我父亲以前常收听乡村音乐
and out of Chicago came a show, on the radio,
当时芝加哥有个广播节目
called Suppertime Frolic.
名叫Suppertime Frolic
And then on saturdays, he would listen to the Grand Ole Opty
然后周六他会听Grand Ole Opry
that came out of Nashville.
那是纳什维尔的电台
some of the people were Ernest Tubb, that's ancient.
包含了像欧内斯特·塔伯等歌手 够古老的
let me... let the people know how old l am.
泄漏了我的年龄
We had a club called the Sub-Debs.
我们成立了一个叫瑟布德丝的社团
We used to give teenage parties for all the kids around there,
常常帮附近的青少年办派对
and that's where l met Joe.
我与乔就是那时相识的
l think l was around 17 years old.
我当时应该17岁吧
He would always ask me for a dance when the music was slow.
他喜欢找我跳慢舞
He seemed very kind, very sweet.
他人很好 很贴心
Joseph was in a group.
约瑟夫当时组团
Besides me leaving singing with my sister,
我不再跟我姊妹唱歌
l started singing with him.
而跑去跟他合作
And we would sing and harmonise together a lot.
我们常一起歌唱和音