Let me explain about his appearance before I go on.
在继续说下去之前,我先形容一下他的外表。
I repeat: there was nothing sinister about him.
我重述一遍:他长相看来并不邪恶。
He was as drab as a mud fence, nor was his attitude menacing.
反而单调的像土围墙似的,他的表情也没有威胁感。
He merely stood there waiting, almost drooping a little, the cheap overnight bag in his hand.
他只是站在那儿等待,有点儿垂头丧气,手上提着那个廉价的旅行袋。
He looked as though he'd been waiting there for hours and he looked up,he hailed me.
他看起来仿佛已在那儿等了好几个钟头,然后他抬起头来,向我打招呼,
He started to walk forward.
朝我走来。
Hellooo. Hellooo. Hellooo.
哈啰,哈啰,哈啰。
No, not just now, sorry.
不行,现在不行,对不起。
Going to California?
往加利福尼亚州?
No, not today. The other way. I'm going to New York. Sorry! ”
不是的,今天不去那儿。我往另一个方向,往纽约。很抱歉!