登台这事儿很有意思,大致我们从幼儿园、小学时就有过在众人面前表演的初次经历,如果按对舞台的感觉来分,人也能被分为两类:天然“人来疯”与舞台“恐惧症”。无论如何,登台表演是十分有趣的经验,也极有助于培养人的社交综合素质,甚至能帮助很多人发现自己终身的志向。文艺青年小高正为学校排话剧的事焦虑不已,台下反复演练,台词记不住,上台腿软…即使如此,他也非常喜欢小型话剧,并乐在其中。
Dialogue 1:
Xiao Gao: Hey Jingjing, what's the good word?
小高:京晶,最近有什么高兴的事吗?
Jingjing: Nothing new.Hey, what are you trippin' about? You seem worried about something…
京晶:没什么新鲜事。你怎么了?看起来有点儿焦虑。
Xiao Gao: I've been pulling my hair out trying to memorize my lines for the school play. Do you think you can help me practice for a little while?
小高:我为了学校话剧排练记台词的事情伤透了脑筋。你能帮我练习一下吗?
Jingjing: How can I do that?
京晶:我怎么帮你?
Xiao Gao: I'll recite my lines, and you tell me if they're right or wrong.
小高:我来背我的台词,你帮我看一下对还是错。
Jingjing: I don't know…Are you sure you can keep a straight face?
京晶:这个……你能保证你可以忍住不笑吗?
Xiao Gao: Well, if I start laughing, I'll just find someone else to help me.
小高:如果我笑的话,我就去找别人帮我。
Jingjing: Suit yourself.Okay, where should we practice at?
京晶:那好吧,我们在哪里练习?
Xiao Gao: Let's head over to the school library, it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop.
小高:我们去学校图书馆吧,那里安静得连一根针掉的声音都听得见。
Jingjing: Sounds good.
京晶:好的。
习语短语
1. What's the good word? = 最近好吗?有什么开心的事儿吗?
2. trippin' = 担心某事
3. pull one's hair out =为某事伤透脑筋(想把头发都拔出来)
4. lines = 台词
5. keep a straight face = 忍住不笑
6. suit yourself =好吧,随你的便
7. head over = 去
8. So quiet you can hear a pindrop = 安静(连针掉地上的声音都听得见)
9. Sounds good. = 好的;好主意。