Max is one of the most successful search and rescue dogs in the country.
马克斯是国内最优秀的搜救犬之一。
He knows what he's doing. Don't you?
他知道自己在做什么,对吧?
Dogs like Max can really make a difference when all reasonable hope has been lost.
当其他希望都破灭后,马克斯这样的狗能扭转乾坤。
I had been to Exeter to do shopping and I came home on the bus and I rang the bell to stop at the Green and it didn't.
我去埃克塞特购物,之后乘巴士回家。原本我按铃想在格林下车,车没停。
And it took me on further up here to Quick's Farm.
车往前开了一段到了奎克农场。
And I said to the driver, "It's all right, I can get off here, go through the arboretum and I'm back at eight.
我跟司机说:"没关系,我在这儿下车,穿过这片树林我八点就能到家。"
But I got in the arboretum, I couldn't find my way out.”
但我走进树林后,就找不到出路了。”
79-year-old Margaret Haverson hadn't considered that the woodland had been neglected for over 40 years andwas completely overgrown.
七十九岁的玛格丽特·哈沃森没预料到这片树林已经荒芜了四十余年,处处杂草丛生。
I get tied up with the brambles and that. This was all covered in brambles.
我被荆棘缠住了,这里长满了荆棘。
And then it got cold and dark and that, so I laid under a big tree, which could have been that one, but itwas a big tree.
温度渐渐下降,天色也暗了,我躺在一颗大树下,可能就是那棵,反正是棵大树。
Margaret lay under that tree for three days and two frozen nights while the police force, volunteers and even helicopters with heat seeking cameras combed the area trying to locate her.
玛格丽特在树下躺了三天两夜,天寒地冻,而此时警察、志愿者甚至还有配备热感应摄像头的直升机都在这一区域四处搜寻她。
Yes, and I was frozen.
没错,而且我冻僵了。
So Max was called in to see if a dog's nose could succeed where everything else had failed and before it was too late.
人们找来马克斯,看看狗的鼻子能否成功,因为一切尝试都已失败,时间就快来不及。
To tell you the truth, I was not expecting to find Margaret alive.
实话说,我没指望玛格丽特能活下来。
I thought because of the weather, I thought she would have died of hypothermia.
我想在这种天气之下她很可能因为体温过低而死亡。
Then I kept dozing off and on until you came and found me. Or you came and found me.
我时晕时醒,直到你找到了我。或者说,是你来找到我。
Yeah, Max found you. Didn't you?
对啊,是马克斯找到你的,对不对?
You were a good boy, you were.
你是好样儿的,真棒。
Where humans had failed, Max's nose cut through the undergrowth and saved Margaret's life.
人类失败了,马克斯却透过灌木嗅到了她,救了玛格丽特一命。
I was very cold and very relieved when I was licked all over by a dog.
我被狗舔了个遍,又冷又如释重负。
He was so happy. Weren't you?
他特别高兴,是不是?
Of course, you're good, aren't you? Yeah. Good boy. You're good.
当然了,你真棒,对吧。没错,好样儿的。你真棒。