Dear brothers and sisters, do remember one thing: Malala Day is not my day.
亲爱的兄弟姐妹们,请记得一件事:“马拉拉日”不是属于我的日子。
Today is the day of every woman, every boy and every girl who have raised their voice for their rights.
今日是属于曾为自己的权利说话的每一位女性,每一位男孩和每一位女孩。
There are hundreds of human rights activists and social workers who are not only speaking for their rights, but who are struggling to achieve their goal of peace, education and equality.
数以百计的人权活动家和社会工作者不仅为自己的权利发声,同时也努力去实现和平、教育与平等等目标。
Thousands of people have been killed by the terrorists and millions have been injured.
成千上万的人被恐怖分子杀害,数百万人因恐怖袭击而受伤。
I am just one of them.
我只是其中之一。
So here I stand. So here I stand, one girl, among many.
为此我站在这里,作为那些受到伤害的人群中的一员。
I speak not for myself, but so those without a voice can be heard.
我不仅为自己说话,也为那些无法让人听到他们声音的人说话。
Those who have fought for their rights.
那些为自己的权利抗争的人。
Their right to live in peace. Their right to be treated with dignity.
和平居住的权利。享有尊严的权利。
Their right to equality of opportunity. Their right to be educated.
享有平等机会的权利。接受教育的权利。
Dear friends, on 9 October 2012, the Taliban shot me on the left side of my forehead.
亲爱的朋友,在2012年10月9日,塔利班往我的左额开枪。
They shot my friends, too.
他们也射杀我的朋友。
They thought that the bullets would silence us, but they failed.
他们以为子弹会让我们沉默,但他们失败了。
And out of that silence came thousands of voices.
那一沉默中响起了成千上万的声音。
The terrorists thought they would change my aims and stop my ambitions.
恐怖分子以为他们能够改变我的目标,阻止我的理想。
But nothing changed in my life except this: weakness, fear and hopelessness died.
但是我的生活没任何改变,除了:已逝去的懦弱、恐惧与无助。
Strength, power and courage was born.
坚定、力量与勇气诞生了。
I am the same Malala. My ambitions are the same.
我还是同一个马拉拉。我的理想依旧。
My hopes are the same. And my dreams are the same.
我的希望亦如故。而我的梦想依然不变。