He smiled briefly, but it didn't touch his eyes. "It wasn't so bad, you said so yourself."
他简单地笑了笑,但笑意并没有渗入他的眼底。“这没那么糟,你自己说的。”
"That's because I was with you."
“那是因为我和你在一起。”
We were quiet for a minute; he stared at the moon and I stared at him. I wished there was some way to explain how very uninterested I was in a normal human life.
我们安静了一分钟。他盯着月亮,而我盯着他。我希望我能找到办法来解释为什么我对正常人类的生命是那么的不感兴趣。
"Will you tell me something?" he asked, glancing down at me with a slight smile.
“你想要告诉我什么吗?”他问道,低下头看着我,淡淡地笑着。
"Don't I always?"
“我不总是这样做吗?”
"Just promise you'll tell me," he insisted, grinning.
“你只要保证你会告诉我。”他坚持着,咧嘴一笑。
I knew I was going to regret this almost instantly. "Fine."
我知道我会立刻后悔的。“很好。”
"You seemed honestly surprised when you figured out that I was taking you here," he began.
“当你想出来我要把你带到这里来的时候,你看上去毫不掩饰自己的惊讶。”他开始了。
"I was," I interjected.
“我确实是。”我插嘴道。
"Exactly," he agreed. "But you must have had some other theory… I'm curious what did you think I was dressing you up for?"
“确实。”他赞同道。“但你一定还有别的一些理论……我很好奇——你以为我让你穿上盛装是为了什么?”
Yes, instant regret. I pursed my lips, hesitating. "I don't want to tell you."
是的,我立刻就后悔了。我撅起嘴,踌躇着。“我不想告诉你。”