手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客 > 正文

地道美语听力播客:亲手打造家具

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Hugo:Wow, when you said that you did some woodworking on the weekends, I thought you meant refinishing furniture.

雨果:哇,听你说周末干了些木工活,我还以为你是再加工些家具。
But this! This is a real workshop and you're actually building furniture.
但瞧瞧这个!这是个真正的车间,而且你真的是正在打家具。
Shawna:Yeah, this is what I'm working on right now.
肖娜:是的,这就是我现在的活儿。
I'm building a dining table and chairs.
我正在打造餐桌和椅子。
Hugo:The grain is beautiful on this piece of hardwood.
雨果:这片硬木上的纹理很美丽。

It certainly looks better than the plywood furniture I have in my house.

看起来比我家的胶合板家具还好。
What is all this?
这都是什么?
Shawna:Just some basic tools:saws, chisels, and drills.
肖娜:就是些基本工具:锯子、凿子,还有钻。
Hugo:And what is all this metal for?
雨果:这金属是有什么用?
Shawna:I'm adding some grillwork for the back of the chairs.
肖娜:我给椅子后背加上了些格子形图案。
I don't usually do metalwork, but I'm keeping it simple.
我通常不做金属制品,但我一直使它简单低调。
Hugo:This doesn't look simple.
雨果:这看起来可一点不简单。
These pieces have been welded together, and is that used for soldering?
这些是被焊接在一起,这是用于焊接吗?
Shawna:You got it.
肖娜:你很懂啊。
When all is said and done, I'll have a new dining room set with a large table and eight chairs.
说到底,我的新餐厅会有张大桌子,还有八把椅子。
Hugo:Wow, I'm impressed.
雨果:哇,真是印象深刻,大开眼界。
Shawna:Want to try your hand at it?
肖娜:想亲手尝试下吗?
Hugo:No thanks. You see these 10 fingers? I'm rather fond of them.
雨果:不,谢谢。你看到我这10根手指吗?我还想留着这些心爱玩意呢。

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。