Situation6: Buying a Shirt
场景6:买衬衫
Charles, you're on the list for tonight, but we have to wear suits.
喂,Charles,你今晚可以去了,但我们必须穿西服。
No problem, I've got plenty of suits.
没问题,我有很多西服。
I know but I don't. I only have one and it's not the greatest.
我知道但我没有。我只有一套还不是最好的。
Still, it'll pass. The real problem is I have no shirt or tie.
然而,还过得去。真正的问题是我没有衬衫和领带。
I've got plenty of those too.
我也有很多呀
I know Charles, but you're five-seven and I'm six-two;
我知道Charles,但是你是五-七,我是六-二。
I hardly think I'll be wearing any of you clothes.
我简直难以想象我穿上你的衬衫后是什么样子。
I see what you mean. But you could borrow one of my tie right?
我明白你的意思。但你可以借我的领带不是吗
True, but that still leaves me shirtless. I've got to go get one.
是的,但我还是没有衬衫。我必须得去买一件。
(Mike goes outside, cathes a taxi, and heads for a local men's clothing store)
(Mike出去,搭一辆的士,直接就去当地一家男衣店)
May I help you find something?
我能帮你吗?
Please. I need a dress shirt for tonight.
好的。我需要一件衬衫今晚穿。
Did you have any particular style in mind?
你想要什么特别的样式?
No, just something plain.
不,朴素一点。
What do you have in a white oxford cloth with button down collars?
你这有没有要白衬衫有扣低领?
We have a very nice shirt from Ralph Lauren,
我们有有一款从Ralph Lauren来的漂亮衬衫,
but it has the polo mark on it .Is that okey?
的漂亮衬衫,但是那上面有polo的图像,那样行不行?
Fine, fine.
好,好
What size are you?
你穿几号?
I'm not sure. My mom buys all my clothes.
我不确信。我的衣服都是妈妈买的。
But I think I'm about a sixteen inch neck and thirty-three inch sleeve.
但我想大概是十六寸领口三十三寸袖子。
Does that sound about right?
对不对?
Probably for the neck, but you're pretty tall.
领口大概对,但你很高。
Let's try a thirty-five inch sleeve.
那试一下三十五寸的袖子。
You're the pro, whatever you say.
你是职业的,你说什么就是什么。