Situation10: The Meeting
场景10:开会
Good afternoon, gentlemen.
下午好,先生们!
Today my colleague, Mr. Goddard and I will be introducing you to
今天我要和我的同事将要向你们介绍。
a revolutionary new software program
一个新软件程序的大变革
It combines all the functions of various other programs——word processing,
它将各种各样程序的所有功能——文字加工,
translating, financial management, graphic design, and more——into one.
翻译,财政管理,图表设计,还有其他兼备其中。
I will be leading the first part of the presentation,
我将演示该程序的第一部分。
while Mr. Goddard will be answering technical questions at the end.
同时,先生将在最后回答工业技术方面的问题。
I have a question from the beginning.
从一开始我就有一个问题。
Yes. Please go ahead.
好的,请说吧。
I am wondering about the price of your program.
我对你们程序的价格表示惊奇。
In other words, will it be cheaper to buy your product,
也就是说,如果便宜一点买你们的产品,
or should we just buy all of the others separately?
我们就可以单独的买所有其他产品。
I'm glad you asked that question, Mr. Wang.
我很高兴你问这样的问题。
I was going to save this part until the end of the meeting,
我准备保留这个问题一直到会议结束,
but since you asked I will tell you.
但由于您提出来了我就告诉您。
Our program is on average forty percent less expensive than it would be to buy the programs it replaces separately.
我们的程序比单独买其他程序平均低百分之四十。
And what about after-servious and upgrades?
那产品的更新和售后服务是怎样的呢?
All our products are guaranteed for one year.
我们所有的产品都能确保用一年。
As for upgrades they will also be free for one year and can be downloaded from the internet.
至于产品的更新在一年里也是免费,并且可以从网上下载。
I am also curious about compatibility with Apple computers.
此外,我还奇怪与苹果电脑的并存问
Do you have a separate product for Apple or……?
你们有没有为苹果电脑或其他品牌单独生产?
Perhaps my colleague should answer that,
也许我的同事能回答这个问题
as it is more on the technical side.
由于它更倾向于工业技术方面。
Mr.Wang, I developed this product to work on both PC's and Macs.
Wang先生,我们是为在PC和上工作而开发这种产品。
I assume your company is mainly interested in the PC version,
我假设你的公司主要对PC版本感兴趣,
but I assure you Mac users will have no problems with our product either.
但是我向你保证Mac的使用者也不会对我们的产品有任何问题。
That's what I was afraid of.
那就是我担心的。
I want Mac users to have problems.
我希望Mac的使用者有问题。
Otherwise they'll keep buying from Apple and not from my company.
否则,他们将继续从苹果公司购买而不从我们公司购买。
I apologize, sir, but I cannot help you with that.
先生,对不起,那样的话我们帮不了你。