Situation8: Meeting the Boss
场景8: 见老板
(Mr. Barnes calls Steve on the intra-office phone)
先生用室内电话叫)
Dawson?
Dawson吗?
Yes, this is he.
是的,我就是
Contact Goddard and come up to my office immediately.
联系Goddard并且立即到我的办公室来
I want to go over today's meeting in advance.
我想提前召开今天的会议。
Mr. Goddard is with me now; we'll come up right away.
Goddard先生现在就和我在一起,我们马上就来。
(Steve to James) Well, that was the old man; It's show time.
(走向詹姆士) 喂,是老头子, 到时间去见他了。
And he sounds a little nervous, which means we have to be even more careful.
听起来让人有一点紧张,那意味着我们必须得更小心。
I'll be extremely careful.
我会很小心的
I just don't want him to yell at me again.
我才不希望他又对我大呼小叫。
I'm a engineer, not a secretary.
我是个工程师,不是秘书。
Be careful. Lisa might hear you. Anyway, let's go.
小心点,会听见你的。好吧,我们走吧
(Steve and James go up to Mr. Barnes'office and his secretary sends them in..
和詹姆士来到先生的办公室并且他的秘书领他们进去,
They knock on the door)
他们敲门。)
Come in.
请进。
Good morning, sir.
早上好,先生
Good morning, Mr. Barnes. How are you?
早上好,先生, 感觉怎么样?
I'll be a lot better after this meeting is over.
这个会议结束后我才会觉得好一些。
I hope you two have done your homework because this is a huge deal
我希望你们两个完成了工作,因为这是笔大生意。
If we can convince Wang about our campany then large computer firms will follow.
如果我们能让王氏集团相信我们公司,那么更大的电脑公司将会随之出现。
I don't have to tell either of you that could mean millions of dollars.
我没有必要告诉你们中的任何一个那意味着数以百万计的钞票。
I'm counting on you.
我就指望你们了。
Don't worry Mr. Barnes, sir, you can depend on us.
不要担心,先生,你可以相信我们
Isn't that right James?
不是吗?
Yes, I think. I mean, of course you can.
我想是的。我意思是说,您当然可以
I had better be able to.
我最好是能
And if you two do a good job, I won't forget it when it comes time for promotions either.
如果你们俩做得好的话,到时候我不会忘记提升你们的。
I put you on this assignment because you are my two best men;
我分配你们这个任务,是因为你们俩是最好的;
I know you won't disappoint me.
我知道你们不会让我失望的。
Well, let's hear about your ideas for the presentation.
好吧。让我来听听你们关于这个陈述的意见。
Goddard, would you like to start?
你愿意开始吗?
I think it might be best to let Mr. Dawson begin;
我想最好是让Dawson先生先开始
he's the expert at sales.
他是营销方面的专家。