脱口秀女王奥普拉专访!2007年,在南非的奥普拉•温弗里女子领袖中学向成绩优秀的、贫苦的女孩们敞开了它的大门。奥普拉看着2011级的学生们毕业离开学院,她称她自己为骄傲的母亲。今天她谈论的就是与这些女孩的关系!
These children, these girls, who are now adults, in many ways, have become your children,
这些孩子,这些女孩,现在已经成人,在许多方面,已经成为你的孩子,
no matter who you with, no matter what you are doing,
不管你和谁在一起,不管你在做什么,
if one of these girls calls, you pick up the phone.
如果其中一个女孩打电话,你肯定会接电话。
Oh, yes, now we are all texting all the time.
哦,是的,现在我们所有的时间都是在用短信。
The very fact just happened this morning, and I was on the phone last night for an hour with one of them trying to watch the debate.
这一事实今天早上刚刚发生,我昨晚与其中一位想看这场辩论的人聊了1小时。
OK trying to watch the debate, but OK, I hear what you say.
好的,想看这场辩论,但好的,我听到你说什么。
Yes, I think I’ve come into my mothering space in a way that was wholly, wholly, so unexpected.
是的,我认为自己已经以完全、完全,意想不到的方式有了种母性的感觉。
I just, I knew from the moment that I met these girls that I was going to fall in love with them and I did.
我只是,从那一刻我知道,我遇到了这些我爱上的女孩而且我真的爱上她们了。
But I was thought of loving from a distance.
但是我认为是一种距离的爱。
Something happened this year that could actually make me weep.
今年发生了一些事情,实际上可以让我哭泣。
But the morning that we were all getting dressed to go shopping at bed bathing beyond for their college dorms.
但在早晨,我们都穿戴整齐为她们的大学宿舍去购物。
I mean, it's the moment it hit me that all of the pain really and challenges and difficult circumstances than the crisis that we went through in 2007,
我的意思是,那一刻,我突发奇想,所有真切的疼痛,挑战和困难情况相比我们经历过的2007年危机都不足为惧,
and all of the questions in the times I thought about,
而我想所有的问题的时候,
you know what, I should just give them the money and step out of this and let them have it.
你知道,我应该给她们钱,走出去让她们自己拥有。
All came to ahead, came to a joyous duration.
所有人向前迈进,来到一个欢乐的时刻。
注:听力文本来源于普特可可原创,未经许可请勿转载