Flags of Our Fathers
(Movie) February 1945. Even as victory in Europe was finally within reach, the war in the Pacific raged on. One of the most crucial and bloodiest battles of the war was the struggle for the island of Iwo Jima, which culminated with what would become one of the most iconic images in history: five Marines and a Navy corpsman raising the American flag on Mount Suribachi. The inspiring photo capturing that moment became a symbol of victory to a nation that had grown weary of war and made instant heroes of the six American soldiers at the base of the flag, some of whom would die soon after, never knowing that they had been immortalized. But the surviving flag raisers had no interest in being held up as symbols and did not consider themselves heroes; they wanted only to stay on the front with their brothers in arms who were fighting and dying without fanfare or glory. 'Flags of Our Fathers' is based on the bestselling book by James Bradley with Ron Powers, which chronicled the battle of Iwo Jima and the fates of the flag raisers and some of their brothers in Easy Company.
片名: Flags of Our Fathers
译名:父辈的旗帜
导演:克林特·伊斯特伍德 Clint Eastwood
主演:
瑞安·菲利普 Ryan Phillippe
本·沃克 Ben Walker
亚当·贝奇 Adam Beach
类型:剧情 Drama 战争 War
上映:2006年 10 月 20 日
地区:美国
出品:梦工厂 Dreamworks
Transcript and Translation
You get it?
拍到啦?
I don't know. I wish we could have seen their faces.
我不知道,但愿能看清他们的脸
The right picture can win or lose a war.
好的照片能够决定战争的输赢
You're gonna want to see this!
你得瞧瞧这张照片
Now/no, this picture, people went crazy over it. Country was tired of the war. One photo, almost all on its own, turned that around.
的确这张照片令大家为之振奋。整个国家对这场战争已经厌倦。仅此一张照片便可扭转乾坤
We're clear ....go, go, go, go... move, move...
安全...快快快快... 冲啊冲啊...
And there is why they aren't shooting.
他们怎么都不开枪啊?
Maybe they are all dead.
或许他们都死光光了
What do you think, Deck? You think they are all dead?
戴克你觉得呢? 你认为他们都死光了?
Capt. Severance asked me who else was in that picture.
思韦伦斯上校问我还有谁在那张照片
You told them that it was me?
你告诉他们我在其中了?
No.
没有